Lavash ( Lebanese)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60765 times
Lavash is a crisp bread resembling the Indian khakra. It is made with Maida and topped with roasted sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
- Combine the yeast and sugar with ½ cup of warm water in a bowl. Cover and keep aside till it becomes frothy. (approx. 10 minutes. )
- Sift the flour. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast and sugar mixture and enough water to make a soft dough. This will take about 7 minutes.
- Keep the dough for 30 minutes under a wet cloth till it doubles in volume.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll each portion into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter. Cut each circle into 5 equal triangles. Repeat with the remaining portions to make 20 more triangles.
- Brush each triangle with a little oil and sprinkle some sesame seeds and poppy seeds on top.
- Arrange these triangles on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes or till the chips turn golden brown.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chip
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.