Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42892 times
It is a very light dish and easy to digest, unlike the traditional gatta sabzi.
- Squeeze the excess water from the bottle gourd, add the besan, salt, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and mix well and make a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round long cylinders.
- Place them in a greased seive and keep this seive over a vessel of boiling water.
- Cover and cook till the gattas are cooked.
- Cool and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and bayleaf and saute for 5 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and curds, coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- Cook till the oil floats on top.
- Add the prepared gattas and enough water, mix well and cook till a thick gravy is formed.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by arsanj on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.