Lauki Dosa with Asparagus Chutney
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8651 times
Add your private note
Lauki Dosa with Asparagus Chutney recipe - How to make Lauki Dosa with Asparagus Chutney
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 serving
- Wash and peel the skin of a bottle gourd. Discard the spongy stuff inside the gourd and use only the white flesh. Soak the rice for at least 3 hours in enough water.
- Grind the soaked rice with red chilies and ginger along with bottle gourd. in mixer till it reaches semi smooth consistency.
- Add salt, cover and keep aside for 1 to 1 1/2 hours for light fermentation.
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it lightly with oil. When hot, pour a ladelful of the batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thin dosa and cook on one side.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, fold over and serve hot.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve this with spicy chutney or podi.
- Wash, trim the thick stalks at the bottom and roughly chop the Asparagus.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add bengal gram, split black gram and red chillies. Toast them over medium flame or until they turn golden.
- Now add the asparagus and fry over medium flame or until they turn slightly soft.
- Add the ginger, coconut pieces (or shredded) and tamarind and toss. This will loosen the tamarind make it easy to grind.
- Let cool this mixture completely and then grind with salt and asafoetida.
- Add water according to desired consistency. When done, heat remaining 1 tsp oil and splutter mustard, split black gram and curry leaves.
- Add this to the chutney and mix well. Serve with hot idlis or dosa.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 05 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.