by Radha Hoizal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2863 times
This is an awesome recipe which you can enjoy when its raining. The usual batata vada masala of potatoes, chillies and garlic team up brilliantly with pomegranate, cashews and raisns, adding a sweet note and a crunch. Whereas the fennel seeds and sesame seeds in the tempering add to the aroma and a nutty flavour to the vadas.
- In bowl take potatoes and add garlic paste,chilli,ginger paste,salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Also add pomegranate seeds, kaju pieces and raisins and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds and let them crackle.
- Add this to the potato mixture and mix well.
- Than add coriander, sugar,citric acid and mix well.
- In a bowl mix besan,salt,soda and water to make medium thick batter.
- Make balls of the potato mix and dip in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden and serve with tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 04 Aug 2015Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.