Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 15017 times
A delicious spicy dal. . .
- Pressure cook the dal with enough water.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the asafoetida, mix well, cover and keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add the dal, ground masala, salt and coconut, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Simmer for few seconds.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by kanindu on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.