Lasagna In Tomato Gravy
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10861 times
The lasagna in tomato gravy is a delectable layered lasagna recipe with lasagna sheets made from plain flour and layered with vegetables. The lasagna is simmered in a tangy tomato gravy. Bake the lasagna with sprinkled cheese as topping .
- Mix fat in dough. knead into pliable dough with water.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes. ( long enough to prepare the gravy and vegetables)
- Divide into 4-5 parts. roll into very thin sheets with the help of some flour.
- Cut in 6"x4" rectangles. put plenty of water to boil. add 1 tbsp. oil.
- Put in some sheets at a time in the boiling water. remove after 30-40 seconds, drain.
- Repeat for all the dough.
- Put tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove skins. grate.
- Heat butter, add garlic, stir.
- Add tomatoes and all other ingredients.
- Stir and cook till thick. keep aside.
- Heat butter in heavy saucepan. add all vegetabbles.
- Stir fry till the vegetables are crisp.
- Add salt to taste, stir. keep aside.
- In a greased overn proof casserole, place 2 -3 sheets to cover the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 the vegetables over lasagna sheets.
- Cover with layer of lasagna sheets.
- Pour some gravy on top. cover with more sheets.
- Repeat with vegetable, sheets, gravy.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in a hot oven at 300c for 10 minutes or till cheese becomes crisp.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.