Lapasi na Muthiya
Added to 137 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5511 times
Lapasi - great source of fiber
juwar flour - very low calorie flour which is not hard on stomach.
curd - dairy products are biggest source of protein for vegetarians.
ajamo - tastes great and lots of medicinal value
tal - again great source of protein
green leaves - complex vitamins and iron
canola oil - lowest level of cholesterol (spelling?) among all oils
Add your private note
Lapasi na Muthiya recipe - How to make Lapasi na Muthiya
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak lapasi for 10 minutes.
- Remove water throughly.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Add water to make a dough which is not too soft and not too hard, something you can mold easily and does not get into pieces.
- Keep it for 1-2 hours so that everything is nicely mixed.
- Make long rolls ( about 4 inches long ).
- Put them in a strainer, and put the strainer in the steamer.
- If you do not have steamer, put it in a vessel with boiling water and cover it with a lid wrapped into nice clean cloth.
- That will help from getting water on muthiya.
- Steam it for about 15 minutes on high flame and about 5-7 minutes on the low flame.
- Cut the rolls, and serve it hot.
- They taste great when you eat them cold on the other day too !
- ( variation : you can replace coriander leaves with palak (spinach) , methi ( fenugreek leaves ), kobij ( cabbage ), green onion , dudhi ( lauki, bottle gourd ) or capsicum ).
This recipe was contributed by shibha on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.