Lal-hari Paushtik Dal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7058 times
Step up the fiber and nutrients in your diet with this delightfully tasty and healthy lalhari paushtik dal. The white vataana or pea are cooked spinach, grated beetroot and spices. Serve this appealing dal hot with rice or roti.
- Soak the vatana in enough water for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain, add salt and 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles or till cooked.
- Divide the dal into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Blend the spinach into a smooth puree and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadhai, add 1 tsp ginger paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the beetroot, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, salt, 1/4 tsp sugar and saute for 4-5 minutes or till the beetroot becomes soft.
- Add half of the cooked dal, 1/2 tsp garam masala and water of required and mix well.
- Simmer for 5-8 minutes and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and add 1/2 of the ginger paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the spinach paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp sugar, salt and mix well.
- Add remaining cooked dal and 1/2 of the garam masala, mix well and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Take a shallow serving dish, pour green dal and red dal side by side.
- Top with beaten curd.
- Serve hot with rice, naan or roti.
This recipe was contributed by ektanshu on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.