Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2716 times
A tangy red rice recipe flavoured with tomatoes and chillies.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan add the cloves, cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook till the rice is cooked and all the water is evaporated.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by monadesai on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.