Lakhnavi Kofta Curry
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 9159 times
Spicy laknavi kofta curry is a potato kofta curry (besan dumplings) simmered in a rich and spicy tomato based gravy, prepared in true lucknowi style of cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal portions and shape them into small round balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhia and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the grounded paste and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the curds, milk, cream, turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the koftas to the hot gravy and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by gowriv on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.