Lady's Finger Sabzi
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12430 times
Add dhanajeera power immediately after you add lady's , so that they will not stick to each other.
do not cover the pan
if wish to add onion and garlic add after mustard seed crackle.
can use green chillies instead of chilli powder
use a shallow pan or less quantity of lady's finger at one time , so it makes the subzi crispy.
wish to make crispy, cook for some longer time.
Add your private note
Lady's Finger Sabzi recipe - How to make Lady's Finger Sabzi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash lady's finger one hour before making subzi and dry throughly or clean with wet cloth and dry.
- Cut into circle or in long strips.
- Heat the oil in pan or kadhai ,add mustard seeds, when it crackle , add hing and lady's finger and immediately add dhanajeera power.
- Keep the flame on medium heat for 5 min and then slow down. so that the lady's finger will not stick to eachother.
- When it half cook add chilli powder and salt.
- Last if wish add sugar to taste.
This recipe was contributed by minnie on 22 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.