Lachha Parathas ( Swadisht Subzian )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 239 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34278 times
A crispy paratha, with many, many layers which gives it the name "lachha"
- Sieve the flour and salt together in bowl. Rub in the oil and add warm water gradually. Knead until smooth.
- Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 8 portions. Shape each into a round ball. Flatten a little.
- Roll out each flattened ball into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle. Cut into 50 mm. (2") strips lengthways. Place all the strips over the center one.
- Roll like a swiss roll. Press a little with your fingers. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil on each roll.
- Take one roll at a time and roll it out into a round of about 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- When you remove the round, place it on your palms and lightly press towards the center to show the layers clearly.
- Heat a tava and cook the rounds lightly on both sides. When you want to serve, cook the rounds directly on the gas or preferably on charcoal. Apply ghee and serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||103.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.