Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11640 times
An innovative paratha recipe, lacha paratha is layered wheat roti stuffed with a generous layer of ghee and seasonings. The lacha parathas is tasty and simply melts in the mouth, when served with any vegetable curry.
- Combine the plain flour and salt and sieve.
- Add the oil and add enough warm water gradually, mix well and knead into a smooth dough.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll out one portion into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter.
- Cut into 50 mm. (2") strips lemghtwise.
- Place all the strips over the center one.
- Roll up like a swiss roll. Press a little with your fingers and pour 1/2 tsp of oil on the roll.
- Roll it out again into a circle of about 125 mm. (5") diameter, pressing from the center gently so that the layers are seen clearly.
- Heat a tava, grease it with oil and cook the paratha lightly on both sides.
- Repeat the steps to make 7 more parathas.
- At the time of serving, cook the rounds directly on the gas or preferably on charcoal.
- Apply butter and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 17 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.