Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11434 times
A delicious curry recipe. . .
- Heat a pan, add the red chillies, coriander seeds, urad dal and peppercorns and roast for 1 minute.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding some water.
- In a deep pan, add the cooked dal, prepared paste, vegetables and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, curry leaves and onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the coconut and saute till the coconut turns golden brown.
- Pour this seasoning to the above dal, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
This recipe was contributed by san2581 on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.