Kutchi Style Dosai
by MEENA SAVLA
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2164 times
‘Dosa’ and ‘Kutchi Dabeli’ are all time favourites of all Age Groups. The Combination of both will take you to experience a whole new taste. You will have demand for the same again and again . Moong dal Dosa with Kutchi Dabeli Stuffing is Awesome!
Add your private note
Kutchi Style Dosai recipe - How to make Kutchi Style Dosai
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
- Combine moong dal, rice and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl and soak in enough water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer with curds and enough water to make a batter for dosa.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add red chilli paste, garlic paste and sauté. Add the tomatoes, dabeli masala, turmeric powder, and chaat masala and sauté till pulpy.
- Add bananas, green peas, sweet chutney, coconut and coriander, mix well and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove in a bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Heat a non-stick tava sprinkle a little water on it to check if properly heated and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a laddleful of the batter on the tava and spread in a circular motion to make a dosa. Spread a little butter over it and cook on a medium flame till it turns slightly crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Spread little sweet chutney and garlic chutney on it.
- Place enough stufifng in a row in the centre, sprinkle 2 tbsp each of masala peanuts, pomegranate, grate cheese and fold it over from both the sides overlapping each other. Press it slightly for 1 minute.
- Cut into 3 to 4 pieces and serve immediately with Sweet chutney, garlic-tomato chutney and coconut chutney.
- You can use ready made dosa batter available in the market if you don’t wish to prepare the moong dal batter at home. Though Moong Dal Dosa taste the best with Kutchi Dabeli stuffing.
- You can use boiled potatoes instead of raw banana or mixture of both.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 27 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.