Kurmure ki Chikki ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26903 times
Cashew and peanut chikkis are passé! go for more interesting yet healthy options like these puffed rice chikkis. Do not overcook the jaggery or the kurmure ki chikki might end up hard.
- Place the puffed rice in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Cool slightly, cover and keep aside, to prevent the puffed rice turning soggy.
- Put the ghee in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave, add the puffed rice and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a clean, greased platform to form a square of 150 mm. (6") x 150 mm. (6") of 50 mm. (2") thickness. Cut into 16 equal pieces.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||3.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.