Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3474 times
Chutney can be refrigerated to use up to 4 days if cooked for longer time.
add a pinch of baking soda in the dough to make purees crispier.
- Soak all the daals/grams overnight and make a paste (like for mendu vadas) of all the daals in mixer with very less water, keep it aside.
- In a frying pan take a 1-tablespoon of oil, when hot put cumin seeds, green chilli, heeng, garlic & ginger paste and saute till golden brown.
- Put red chilli powder, salt to taste and add to it the whole paste of daals.
- Cook for some 10-15 min constantly stirring the mix.
- Mix the mixer well with wheat flour and water to make dough for purees.
- Make small rounds out of dough and roll out round like small purees and fry them in hot oil to make hot purees.
- Chop all the chutney ingredients in to small pieces.
- Take oil in a frying pan, when hot put mustard seeds, green chilli, curry patta leaves and red chilli powder, ginger when golden brown add red or green pepper, onion, tomato and saute until onions are golden brown.
- Once done put the cooked mix in to mixer and make a fine paste like chutney.
- Serve with hot purees.
This recipe was contributed by pathakr on 30 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.