Kulitha Raandai (horsegram Curry)
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22886 times
Kulitha raandai (horse gram curry) is a Konkani recipe of preparing the sprouted horse gram with potatoes and onions. Add a dash of crushed garlic and ground masala comprising of coconut, tamarind and red chillies and serve the spicy horse gram curry with rice or dosa.
- Boil the sprouted horse gram in cooker with 1:3 water. take 5-6 whistles as horse gram takes long to cook.
- You can add a little bit of baking soda for it to cook faster.
- Take oil in a big kadhaai or cooker pan and heat.
- Add jeera and then put onions. once onions are little fried add potato pieces and fry for some time.
- Add the crushed garlic flakes.
- Add hing powder.
- Once the potatoes are a little cooked, add the ground masala and fry for some time.
- Add boiled horse gram and boil it till the horse gram and potatoes are well cooked adding salt as per taste.
This recipe was contributed by prashantkamath on 19 Jul 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.