Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13351 times
The combination of coconut oil on the hot idlis with mangalore mango pickles is the key to enjoy this dish!
- Combine the urad dal and horse gram in a bowl, add enough water and keep aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the semolina and mix well.
- Add the salt and mix well and cover and keep aside to ferment for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Pour the batter into greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer them as for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut oil and mango pickle.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#399970 on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.