This recipe has been viewed 6597 times
Kul kuls are a popular dessert item which are usually prepared on Christmas. The maida and wheat based dough is sweetened, deep fried and the served with sugar syrup dropped over them
- Sieve together the maida/wheat flour/salt - put into a mixing bowl, add the butter & work it into the flour mixture
- Add the powdered sugar & coconut milk little @ a time & mix to form a soft firm dough
- Cover the dough with a warm damp cloth so that it does not dry.
- To make the kul kuls – take a marble size ball of the dough & flatten it against the back of a greased fork
- Then roll tightly (from the bottom end of the fork) into a tight curl/scroll put the kul kuls on a plate which is sprinkled (dusted) with flour.
- Grease the back of the fork again & repeat making kul kuls till all the dough is over. every
- Put the sugar & water in a vessel place on heat, keep stirring till sugar has dissolved & the syrup has thickened to a 2 thread consistency
- Pour over the fried kul kuls & toss nicely so that all the kul kuls are evenly coated - set aside to cool/dry, store in an air tight container & use.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.