Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5190 times
Krupnik is a vegetable recipe with soaked barley which is cooked in oil with celery, carrots and onions. Barley is a great source of nutrients and fiber and hence make for an innovative addition to any vegetable dish.
- Soak barley overnight in water and drain
- Cook in 2 cups of water in a presure cooker just as for cooking rice.
- In a big pan heat the oil and lightly fry the onions.add barley and the stock.
- Add celery carrots potato and the bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
This recipe was contributed by krmrarvr on 08 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.