Kovalam Mutter ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12655 times
If you have a penchant for all things tasty and spicy, this one is for you! coconut and tomatoes combine well with peas to make an irresistible dish.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder, tomatoes and salt and again sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut-cashewnut paste and sauté for another minute, stirring continuously.
- Add ¾ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add the hara vatana and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.