Kovalam Mutter ( Kadhai and Tava Cooking Delights)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Kovalam Mutter ( Kadhai and Tava Cooking Delights) in Hindi)
Added to 169 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21784 times
Kovalam is a scenic coastal town in southern india, where the shore is lined almost completely with coconut palms. Understandably, their cuisine is characterised by the copious use of coconuts. Kovalam mutter is a semi-spicy preparation of green peas cooked with onions, tomatoes, spices and a smooth coconut-cashew paste, and tempered with the traditional south indian combo of crunchy cumin seeds and urad dal.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick deep kadhai and add the cumin seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared coconut-cashew paste, green peas, coriander and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.