Kothimbir Vadi (cilantro Vadi)
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37030 times
A quintessential Maharashtrian savory snack recipe, kothimbir vadi or coriander(cilandro) cakes are basically a salty cake preparation with kothimbir( coriander leaves or cilantro). The kothimbir vadi is first steamed and then fried until crispy and served with tomato chutney or a tempering of mustard seeds and grated coconut.
- Mix gram flours, coriander leaves, chilli powder, turmeric powder, soda bicarb, and salt. add water and make a thick paste.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil and add to the paste.
- Grease a deep platter and spread the paste evenly. steam for 15 minutes in an idli steamer or pressure cooker, without using the weight. remove and cool. cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil and deep fry these pieces.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by kkirti on 03 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.