This recipe has been viewed 3615 times
Kosambari is a festive South Indian salad made with a combination of pulses like moong dal, cucumber, tomatoes, coconut, etc. I have added flax seeds to make it healthier. With a seasoning of mustard seeds, ginger and chillies , this piquant dish is sure to refresh you with its zesty flavour!
- Soak moong dal for 1 hour. Drain the water well.
- Add chopped cucumber, carrots, capsicums and tomatoes to the above.
- Heat a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when mustard splutters, add ginger, green chillies, asafoetida and saute for a few seconds. Add it to the lentil mixture.
- Add salt, juice of half a lemon and mix well.
- Finally add grated coconut and flaxseeds and mix gently.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 03 Jul 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.