Kopra Pak No.1
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 148 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21506 times
A traditional coconut meat sweet.
- Blanch the pistachios and slice them.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add the vessel, add the milk and rub in until the saffron dissolves.
- Add 1 1/2 teacups of water to the sugar and put to boil. When syrup starts boiling, add the lemon juice.
- Remove the floating dirt and strain the syrup if necessary.
- Boil the syryup again until it is of 2 thread consistency.
- Add the coconut, ghee and prepared saffron. Remove from the heat immediately but go on stirring for a few minutes.
- Spread the mixture on a thali (flat metal plate) and allow to cool.
- Decorate with cardamom and pistachios. Cut into desired shape.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.