Kopra Pak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Kopra Pak ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 356134 times
Although very delicately-flavoured, this coconut sweet gets a rich feel thanks to the tinges of saffron and cardamom that are added. I would suggest the use of traditional coconut grater in order to attain the perfect texture of this sweet. Another key ingredient is the mava, which helps to bind the kopra pak well. Also, make the saffron-milk mixture exactly as mentioned in the handy tip, so as to enhance the colour of the pak. Pay attention to both the texture and the colour; and you are sure to have edible gold on your hands!
- Combine the coconut, sugar and milk in a non-stick kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, mava and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for approximately 10 minutes or till the coconut mixture becomes sticky and forms a lump.
- Transfer the coconut mixture onto a greased 175mm. (7”) diameter and 25mm. (1”) thickness thali and spread it evenly using the back of the spoon.
- Cover the kopra pak with edible silver foil.
- Allow it to cool for atleast 30 minutes and cut into 15 equal pieces.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Warm the saffron, rub it with your thumb, add the warm milk, again rub with your thumb and keep aside for atleast 30 minutes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.