Kootu ( Mixed Veg Sambhar)
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6207 times
Khus khus added to this sambhar makes this sambhar thick and more creamy and delicious.
Add your private note
Kootu ( Mixed Veg Sambhar) recipe - How to make Kootu ( Mixed Veg Sambhar)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 servings
- Pressure cook the dal in salted water and with a pinch of turmeric till it turns soft and the dal is cooked.
- Whisk and keep aside.
- In another deep pan, boil enough water, add the vegetables and salt, mix well and boil and cook till the vegetables turn soft.
- Add the paste, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the tamarind juice, salt and curry leaves, mix well and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Season with mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Serve hot with rice and papad.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyagp on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.