Konhra (pumpkin Vegetable)
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6706 times
A traditional and spicy Konhra (pumpkin vegetable) recipe has red pumpkins cut and then stir fried with onion, fenugreek or ,methi seeds and a pinch of sugar. Enjoy this sweet and spicy pumpkin vegetable with hot puri or paranthas.
- Wash the pumpkin, cut into slices, peel and cut each slice into half inch pieces.
- Keep a non-stick pan on the stove to heat. then put 1 tbsp of oil. when heated saute with the fenugreek seeds. then put the chopped onion, dry chilly pieces, curry leaves and stir till slight brown in colour.
- Now add the pumpkin pieces and stir well. put salt and cover and cook on low flame in its own juices till soft.
- Mash the the pumpkin pieces slightly and add the sugar and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes more and its ready.
This recipe was contributed by kalin20 on 16 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.