Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5459 times
Find a lip smacking vegetable recipe, kofta lajawab at tarladalal. Com. The lajawaab and melt in the mouth kofta or dumplings are made from grated cheese and spice powders and then simmered in an onion based rich gravy. A perfect vegetarian kofta curry for your special guests.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal portions and shape them into small round kebabs.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli and garam masala and saute on a slow flame till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add enough water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the koftas just before serving and boil for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas or tandoori rotis.
This recipe was contributed by jalvi on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.