This recipe has been viewed 4432 times
This is a jar snack which will be more enjoyable when it rains heavily.'Bale' means bangle in kannada.Since this snack is in the shape of a bangle,it has got the name.This is one of the traditional dish of Karnataka.
- Place the plain flour on a wet muslin cloth and tie with a string.
- Steam this maida in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle and release the pressure cooker after it cools.
- Seive this steamed maida once and keep aside.
- Blend the coconut into a coarse mixture in a blender.
- Add this coconut to maida, add the rice flour, salt, sesame seeds, carom seeds, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of hot oil and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions and shape them into small logs or cylindricals.
- Bring the 2 edges of the log together to give a shape of a bangle.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot or cool and store in an air-tight container for upto 20 days.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 16 Jul 2012Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.