Kobbaraianamsavoury Coconut Rice
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2813 times
Kobbaraianamsavoury coconut rice presents the traditional coconut rice recipe prepared in typical south indian style of cooking. The rice is mixed with grated coconut and tamarind pulp and then served tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Boil rice for 5 minutes, drain and spread on a tray to cool.
- Dry roast the coconut till it is golden brown and keep 1 tbsp aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, garlic, ginger, and green chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add both dals, curry leaves and turmeric and saute till the dals turn golden.
- Add the asafoetida, salt, grated coconut and rice, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep for 1 minute.
- Cook again till the rice is completely cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by awesome_ashoo on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.