Kiwi Fruit Sandesh
This recipe has been viewed 2515 times
Sandesh being an inherent part of Bengali culture and festivity, became a 'messenger' of auspicious news creating an atmosphere of celebration and jubilation in Bengali households. Sandesh is a very popular Bengali sweet made with fresh homemade paneer or chenna. The traditional sandesh is made with plain chenna and some cardamom and pistachios are added to the base. But to give the traditional recipe a twist, I made a filling of kiwi fruit in it. The recipe is fairly easy to make and the end product is a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth Kiwi fruit Sandesh.
Add your private note
Kiwi Fruit Sandesh recipe - How to make Kiwi Fruit Sandesh
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Peel and chop the Kiwi and blend it along with ¼ cup sugar in a mixer.
- Transfer the mixture into a heavy bottomed non-stick pan and cook on slow flame. Once it starts to dry up, add chopped pistachios and a tbsp of chenna to it. So that everything binds well. Take from heat and let it cool.
- Bring milk to a boil on medium heat. When it comes to a boil, reduce the flame and add the lemon juice gradually. Within 1 to 2 minutes you will start observing the whey separating from the milk.
- Transfer to a cheese cloth and squeeze out gently to release the water. Hang it for maximum 30 minutes. Make sure to check that it does not become too dry.
- Transfer this chenna to your kitchen platform, Check that it should be moist or the Sandesh will be crumbly.
- Knead with the back of your palm for 4 to 5 minutes or till it becomes soft.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. Knead again for 3 to 4 minutes and transfer the prepared mixture to a heavy bottomed non stick pan.
- Cook it over low flame till it becomes a little dry but still have certain moistness to it. Turn off the heat and let it cool for some time.
- When it is still hot, start kneading it till it becomes soft.
- Divide the chenna mixture into 12 to 15 equal portions and make round balls out of it.
- Press the balls to make a well in the middle and put the Kiwi filling in it.
- Put each one of them in the muffin moulds and garnish with sliced pistachios.
- Chill the kiwi sandesh in the refrigerator for some time before serving.
This recipe was contributed by Alkajena on 17 Nov 2015Food Blogger...Recipe Creator...Food Stylist....Food Photographer...Dedicated mother...Working profe...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.