Kiwi Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43525 times
Ah, the layers of this cheesecake get better and better—from the crumbly buttery biscuit base to the soft cheesecake in the middle, to the lemony kiwi glaze on top. Use properly ripe kiwis to get the perfect taste and avoid the sourness. In case kiwis are not available or not to your taste, you can substitute it with cherries or strawberries.
- Open each dark chocolate biscuit and scrape and discard the middle creamy layer.
- Crush the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder to a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except the kiwis in a deep non-stick pan and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
- Strain the sauce using a sieve and keep aside to cool.
- Add the sliced kiwis, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the basic cheesecake mixture, kiwis, lemon essence and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or till the cheesecake sets.
- Arrange the glazed kiwis evenly over it and keep refrigerated for at least 10 to 15 minutes or till the glaze is firm.
- Demould the cheesecake, cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cheesecake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.