Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2434 times
A typical and authentic south indian delicacy!
- In a deep pan, add the tamarind water, tomato, salt, jaggery and turmeric powder, mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a small pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chilli, curry leaves and toovar dal in a and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add this to the boiling tamarind mixture and mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by padmapriyasuresh on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.