Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8206 times
Vermicelli upma is a delectable upma recipe with vermicelli or seviyan as ingredient. The vermicelli are roasted and cooked just like semolina upma with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, vermicelli upma is easy and delicious.
- Cut the bread slices into medium large pieces and keep aside.
- Cut the idli also into pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, ginger and onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the bread pieces and idli and mix well.
- Serve hot with dallop of ghee.
This recipe was contributed by s_priya70 on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.