Kidney Bean Soup, Red Kidney Bean Soup, Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42493 times
Shore up your protein and calcium reserves with kidney beans, used innovatively in this colourful soup.
Just ensure that you wash and soak them overnight to remove gas-forming compounds and make them easier to digest!
- Wash the rajma and soak it in water overnight. Drain thoroughly, wash again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the rajma and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Cool at room temperature and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Do not strain.
- Heat again and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot with tomatoes, spring onions and green and yellow capsicum.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.