Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17390 times
Here is a rich and creamy burfi or indian mithai recipe, khuskhus burfi made from poppy seeds which are blended and made into a paste. This mouthwatering and exotic dessert recipe is bet suited for special functions and festivals.
- Heat a pan and doast khus khus till it turns golden brown and aromatic.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add the sugar and add enough water to cover the sugar and mix well.
- Boil till the syrup of one thread consistency is obtained.
- Add the khoya and ground khus khus, mix well and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously or till mixture leaves sides of pan.
- Grease a plate with ghee and spread the mixture evenly and cool.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Alka14 on 28 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.