Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5305 times
Poppy seeds are called khuskhus in gujarati. They are full of protein and therefore very good for women-pregnant or post pregnancy. It goes well with papad chutney and jowar rotlas.
- Soak the poppy seeds in enough water for 4 hours, drain and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste adding milk and some water.
- Make a smooth paste of the onions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a cooker, add the onion paste and saute till the paste turns golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the poppy seeds paste and some water and bring the curry to boil and cover the cooker until 2 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the curry using a hand blender.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by aqua007 on 25 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.