Khus Khus Payasam
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15996 times
Khus khus payasam, it is a tasty dessert treat to a stressed out person!
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the khuskhus and rice and saute on a medium flame till the rice turns pink and khuskhus splatters.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool at room temperature.
- Heat a deep pan and add the jaggery and 2 cups water, mix well and simmer till it becomes thick. Keep aside.
- Combine the fried rice, khuskhus, coconut and soaked almonds and blend in a mixer till smooth, using 3 tbsp water.
- Add this paste to boiling jaggery (gud) syrup which is on the flame stirring continuously.
- Cook on a slow flame for 1 boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Keep aside to cool little.
- Add the warm milk, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in another small pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins and saute till they turn pink.
- Add this fried cashews and raisins to the prepared payasam.
- Serve hot.
- Always add the milk after removing from the flame because the mixture may curdle because of little sourness in the jaggery (gud).
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 28 Sep 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.