Khus- Khus Besan Sheera
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5595 times
Khus-Khus Besan Sheera, poppy seeds are usually used to add a nutty flavour and texture to breads, cakes, naans etc. or to thicken and flavour vegetable preparations. Here the khus-khus along with besan, milk and sugar transforms into a delicious sheera with an exclusive flavour and aroma.
- Soak khus-khus overnight in half cup milk. Next day grind it in a blender.
- Boil the water and add the sugar, then add the saffron and keep aside.
- In a deep non-stick pan add 1/2 cup of ghee and roast the khus-khus till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- In another pan roast the besan in remaining 1/2 cup of ghee till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the besan mixture, sugar syrup and cook while stirring continuosly for 1 or 2 boils.
- Serve hot.
- You can also soak some badam along with the khus-khus overnight for an added flavour.
This recipe was contributed by ruchikauppal on 11 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.