Khumbh ki Subz
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8418 times
Mushrooms in a rich and flavourful cashew-onion base imbibe the flavour of the whole spices and spice powders that they are cooked with. Appropriate amounts of curd and milk are used to give this Khumbh ki Subz a rich and attractive texture, and to balance the flavour of the spices.
You will be amazed by how easy it is to cook this lip-smacking subzi in the Microwave . Take care to cook the cashews and onions for a whole five minutes before blending them, to get a strong and appetizing aroma.
- Combine the onions with ¾ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine the onion mixture, cashewnuts, ginger-garlic paste in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, milk and cornflour in a bowl, mix well using a whisk and keep aside.
- Combine the oil, cloves and cardamom in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared onion paste, green chillies, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the curds-milk mixture, mushrooms and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||163.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||17 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.