by Tarla Dalal
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43022 times
Whip up this nutritious yet delicious dish for your loved ones, and watch them lose themselves in its rich flavour and interesting texture.
This Khumbh Palak is much more flavourful than the average mushroom preparation as it is supplemented by a vibrant spinach paste, a tangy tomato paste, a pungent onion paste as well as whole spices and spice powders!
This tongue-tickling treat is rich in protein and iron, and low on calories, which makes it a dieter’s delight.
Serve with Oats Roti and Cucumber, Capsicum and Celery Salad .
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add big cardamom and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach paste, garam masala and salt, mix will and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.