Khumbh Hara Dhania
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20993 times
Mushrooms are called khumb in hindi. They are mildly flavoured vegetables that absorb other flavours beautifully to make a tempting dish each time.
Whether it is with tomatoes and oregano or spinach, onions and garlic, they make a delectable dish in all combinations.
Khumbh Hara Dhania is mildly flavoured with coriander and an array of delicate spices to create a lip smacking dish that is rich in protein, calcium and vitamin A.
It is an unusual delicacy to enjoy, especially if you're entertaining. You can also try other diabetic friendly subzis like the Gavar Pumpkin Vegetable and the Turai Onion Vegetable .
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, curds and besan in a deep bowl mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds mixture, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.