Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51760 times
Khoya burfi is a traditional Indian mithai or sweet dish recipe with creamy rich khoya sweetened and then flavoured with badam, elaichi and served garnished with pista shavings.
- Dissolve saffron in the 1tsp milk.keep a side.
- If you use khoya:add sugar&continuously stir on the medium heat untill the mixture thickens.
- Add cardamoms powder&saffron,
- Let it cook for ½min.
- Transfor immedietely to a greased plate.
- Allow to set for 2 min.
- Garnish with nuts,cut them desired shaped pieces.
- Or use decorative moulds.
- If you use milk:cook the milk till it becomes ½ quantity(almost creamy).
- Then you can follow the same process as above.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 15 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.