This recipe has been viewed 4405 times
Khira is one of the signature Odia dessert recipe that is offered as Mahaprasad to lord Jagannath in Puri. This delicious recipe with thickened milk and crumbled paneer creates a sensational sweet taste in your taste bud. This Khira recipe has been flavored with cardamom powder which gives a beautiful fragrance to the dish and addition of an exotic fruit like Sitaphal or Custard apple in this makes it more succulent.
- Heat the milk in a deep pan, add the crushed cardamoms.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the gas and let it simmer till it reduces to half of it's quantity, while stirring in between. Taking care that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add powder the cashewnuts, paneer and let it boil for minimum 15 to 20 minutes or till you find the milk has reduced to 1/3rd quantity.
- Switch off the gas and let the khira cool completely.
- Once cooled add the custard apple pulp. Mix well.
- Pour the khira into small earthern pots and refrigerate to chill.
- Garnish with pistachio slivers and some saffron strands.
- Serve chilled.
- For the custard apple pulp scoop out the pulp with the seeds and place them on a sieve over a large deep bowl.
- Start pressing the pulp with the back of your spoon, the seeds will separate from the pulp and a smooth pulp will collect in the bowl.
- Keep it in the refrigerator to cool.
This recipe was contributed by Alkajena on 29 Aug 2016Food Blogger...Recipe Creator...Food Stylist....Food Photographer...Dedicated mother...Working profe...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.