Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3662 times
Khichari is a simple gruel of a lentil and rice which can be made by cooking rice , lentils along with Indian spices. The delectable khichari is appealing in looks and tastes delicious with curd or vegetables.
- Place moong beans and rice in a strainer & rinse well.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan.add cashews and fry until golden. remove and set aside.
- In same oil fry cumin, chilli & ginger until light brown.add tumeric and asfoetida. add cauliflower & stir until well mixed with spices.
- Add 5 cups of water and bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover & simmer until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed.
- Mixture should be moist and creamy. if too dry add the remaining 1 cup water. when done, fold in salt, butter, peas tomatoes and cashews.
- Garnish with coriander leaves (finely chopped). accompany with lemon wedges to sqeeze over mixture and with yoghurt. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rani beti on 05 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.