Khichadi with Green Grams & Vegeatbles
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13332 times
Khichadi with green gram and vegetables is an easy to digest healthy Indian food prepared with a combination of rice with lentils like green gram or moong dal. Learn how to make/prepare delicious khichdi at tarladala.com. Also find many interesting rice recipe, biryani recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Khichadi with Green Grams & Vegeatbles recipe - How to make Khichadi with Green Grams & Vegeatbles
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 5 minutes
- Wash rice, drain & keep.
- Grind together ginger & garlic into a paste. separately grind together cardamoms, cinnamon & cloves adding a little water from time to time.
- Roast green gram on medium heat till golden brown (approx. 7 minutes) stirring constantly. remove & wash gram.
- Heat little oil in a cooker for 5 minutes. add bay leaves & cummin seeds & stir for a few seconds. add onion & fry till golden brown. add ginger-garlic paste & stir for a few seconds. add washed gram, rice and all other vegetables and ingredients except ground spices & ghee. add 8 cups water. stir once.
- Close cooker. bring to full pressure on high heat. reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat & allow to cool naturally.
- Open cooker. stir in ground spices. pour ghee evenly over khichadi. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by priscilla on 12 Jul 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.