Khichadi By ndudhela
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3694 times
Add salt to your taste.
you can also add green peas and carrots if you want to make vegetable khichadi.
if you like hot taste then add chili powder also.
these are the variations you can make to your taste.
- Mix rice and toor dal and wash with water and keep it aside.
- In a cooking vessel heat oil and when oil is ready put mustard and cumin seeds in oil and wait till it pops.
- Fry chopped onions until it is like pink.
- Add rice and dal mixture to the onions and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Add two cups of water to rice and dal mixture and steam it in a cooker for about 30 minutes.
- Khichadi will be ready in 30 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by ndudhela on 07 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.