by Motions and Emotions
This recipe has been viewed 5683 times
A delicious unique malpua! Malpuas, traditional Indian sweet pancakes are especially served during festival seasons like in Holi, Diwali,etc. Malpua recipe varries in different parts of India. This recipe is easy to make and tasty.
- Take a cup of water in a pan and add 3/4 cup sugar and heat little to dissolve the sugar.
- Check the consistency of sugar syrup. If required add more sugar to make one thread consistency syrup.
- Add a pinch of saffron to give a nice color into it and keep aside.
- Boil the milk till it reduces to 1/3rd of its quantity adding sugar (kheer).
- Take maida in a bowl and add the suji. Now slowly add the reduced milk or kheer into it to make a smooth consistent mixture.
- Add little milk powder, fennel seeds and crushed black peppercorn into the mixture and mix well.
- Now heat oil (or ghee) in pan and pour a ladle full of batter to form pan cake. Fry both the sides until it takes brown color.
- When both the sides are done, take it out and immerse in sugar syrup, wait for ten minutes and serve it.
- You can sprinkle little milk powder on the top of the malpuas.
This recipe was contributed by Motions and Emotions on 02 Jul 2015I am a medical writer by profession and love to do experiment with food. My passion of writing and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.